Wednesday 27 April 2016

MY FAVOURITE HIGHLIGHTERS

____________________

Highlighting is definitely a staple part of my make up routine, as I'm sure it is for most of us these days. It completes a look and just gives a gorgeous natural or over the top glow, depending on what type of gal you are. So here are a few of my personal favorites.

L-R Illamasqua 'Furore', Becca 'Champagne Pop', Becca 'Opal', Topshop 'Polished', Benefit 'Watts Up!'

Illamasqua Pure Pigment in 'Furore' - Heres a product I never hear anyone talking about and I don't know why as its so gorgeous! Its a loose pigment from Illamasqua and looks absolutely gorgeous applied to the inner corners of the eyes or on the high points of the face as a highlight. Its described on the Illamasqua website as a "champagne peach shimmer" which I totally agree with. Its super sparkly so makes for a great for a night out highlight.

Becca 'Opal' Shimmering Pressed Skin Perfector - Everyone loves the Becca highlighters and I am certainly no different. They are by far the best highlighters I've used, so pigmented and the consistency is literally like butter, so silky smooth and easy to apply. I remember when everyone first started talking about the Becca highlighters and I wanted to try them so bad, this was before I really used highlighters so the price tag of £32 really put me off for something I wasn't sure I'd even need in my makeup routine so I started off with a cheaper alternative, The Balm 'Mary-Lou Manizer' highlighter, and fell in love with the sparkly glowyness! I continued hearing so many good things about Opal and after falling in love with Becca's 'Champagne Pop' I eventually bit the bullet and I'm so glad I did as the £32 price tag is definitely worth it. I use this probably every day and haven't even hit pan yet so it will definitely last me ages.

Becca 'Champagne Pop' Shimmering Pressed Skin Perfector -Another Becca favorite that I'm sure everyone will be familiar with and Jaclyn Hill's little creation. Like I said above I bought this before I bought Opal as I watch Jaclyn Hills YT channel and obviously heard everyone rave about how much they loved it so I was instantly sold. Unfortunately at that time it wasn't available in the UK so when one of my friends was going over to New York I begged her to pick me one of these up however now its available in the UK which is music to my, and I'm sure most peoples ears as its definitely a gorgeous highlighter that if you don't already own I insist you purchase! Such a gorgeous champagney-gold color, easy to blend and the tiniest amount goes a long way so this will literally last AGES. Looks super gorgeous applied along the collar bone also!

The Balm 'Mary-Lou Manizer' - Like I mentioned above this was the first highlighter I ever purchased and literally loved it so much! Its so affordable at £17.50, really pigmented and as I was just starting to get into highlighters it was definitely a great beginners product to practice and play around with. The only downside to this highlighter is that I've purchased it twice and both times the product has crumbled and broke when its been in my makeup bag so unfortunately I don't actually have one I can photograph as I haven't got around to repurchasing it yet. Opal and Mary-Lou Manizer are really similar shades so if like me your just starting out with highlighters or simply can't justify spending £32 on a highlight then I highly recommend this one. Packaging is really cute also.

Topshop 'Polished' Glow Pot -I'm not a massive fan of cream highlighters or blush but I really like this one. I purchased this as I saw Sarah Ashcroft from That Pommie Girl use it on her YT channel, she used this as a base for Champagne Pop and it looked stunning, so naturally I purchased this to do the same. Such a gorgeous result! Its also super pretty used on its own, offers a subtle natural glow and so reasonable with its £9 price tag! Its consistency is mousse-like making it super easy to blend. A little goes a long way with this product so even though its a small pot it will definitely last ages!

Benefit 'Watts Up!' Cream Highlight - Another cream highlight which I actually really like as it blends so well and offers a really nice subtle natural glow to the cheeks, perfect for a nice day time look. Personally I don't wear this on its own as I like a full on highlighted look so I'll pop this on first as a base and then apply Opal or Mary-Lou Manizer on top and it just looks absolutely gorgeous and extra glowy, perfect for a night out or evening makeup.

What are you favorite highlighters? I'd love to know so I can add to my collection!


Lots of Love,
 photo kristenx.png

X o

No comments:

Post a Comment